Setting up Social Networks with idibu
This article will show you how to easily get your Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter posting up and running with idibu!
- Regular User Setup
- Administrator Setup
- Social Boards
- Linkedin jobs
- Additional Setup
1. Regular user Setup
If your administrator has granted access, you can easily set-up your social networks on the fly, whilst posting! Just tick to select them on Step1 :
On Step2 click the "Sign in" links in the extra fields:
Enter your usernames and passwords. Please note, this set-up allows you to activate one corresponding social network:
Once done you're ready to post! Hover over your name to switch accounts or unlink the connection completely:
For more info on each particular Social Network config, click the links below:
2. Administrator Set-up
There are several ways you can set-up social networks for users on your account.
Let your users do it themselves as per the instructions above in section 1. Make sure the relevant option is ticked:
Alternatively, do it for them from the subscription page of the relevant site:
"Connect an account" links the default login field or any user/team/office you want to connect to a social network account
and then provide the username/password details for the account of the social board your are setting up:
Once done, the subscription fields for the profile (default field/team/user) will populate automatically:
allowing the profile to post.
Please note that if you are running a commercial Facebook site (that allows you to boost your posts and post paid ads) you will also need to provide Facebook page id to post updates to your site. The Facebook page id can be found in the URL of your Facebook site:
To unlink default/profile/team/office login simply clear the login details that were automatically populated. To change for another account, simply click "Connect and account" again.
Alternatively, you can do it on step2 of the posting process almost the same way as a user would, however you will need to select proper user first:
NB: without blocking "Users can sign for social boards", your consultants will still have ability to link, edit and unlink their own profiles connected to their social accounts. You can however leave this option enabled and simply use idibu quotas to block access to consultants who should not use the social boards.
Automatic subscription will post to your company Facebook wall. That is provided your Facebook account would normally allow you to post to the company wall. If that is not possible, the post will be send to your private wall. A post will create a small "twit" job entry with a link to the full job offer and a quick to apply application form:
You can also set-up (manually) a mini-job board on your company Facebook page, which will contain all the posted jobs along the wall postings.
To add the application:
1. Login to your personal Facebook account here: https://www. Facebook.com/login.php? which your business profile is linked to. You MUST have the business profile linked to a standard account in order to use our app.
2. Go to http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=218878691459854
3. Click the 'Add to My Page' link on the bottom left of the page
4. Add the app to your Company page
5. View your Company page, you should now have a job listing - but you won't see any jobs as yet
6. At the bottom of the blank listing you should see "Page ID" with a long number, copy this number
7. Login to idibu > Go to Job Board Subscriptions and amend the board "Facebook - wall posting" board
8. Add the "Facebook page id" details as you would any other board and start posting.
The idibu LinkedIn service will send job updates to your LinkedIn personal and/or company walls with a tiny-url linking back to a landing page where users can apply for the role:
As well as post to any of your subscribed groups (provided that group accepts your postings) :
With everything set-up correctly, you will see on Step2 the LinkedIn feed is selected along with your subscribed groups:
After posting to any of your groups, you will receive an email from LinkedIn advising that your post has been moved from the Discussions tab to Jobs category. This is just confirmation that everything went as intended.
Similar for company pages - if you have administrator rights to any one company page, an additional field will appear and will allow you to post to it. Please note that if you have only used the access tokens to post to personal wall and to groups before, you will need to get new tokens using the link above. Afterwards everything will be working nicely.
For personal and company page posting, idibu will send an update containing job title, location and salary details and link to idibu hosted (or custom) job apply page. However you can provide custom update text using "Comment text" non-required field.
It is also possible to delete your LinkedIn posting. While LinkedIn allows us to remove a group posting completely, we can't remove wall postings due to LinkedIn's limitations. Instead we disable the apply page to prevent any unwanted applications.
3ba. Linkedin Jobs
Additionally to free LinkedIn service, idibu also offers the integration for the LinkedIn Jobs paid job board. This can be added just like any other board. You will just need to provide your LinkedIn contract ID and with this you will be able to fill your LinkedIn jobs slots. Your LinkedIn account manager should be able to help here! You also will need to enable idibu as a jobs posting partner before you can post this way.
Here`s how you can do that:
1) An administrator on the dashboard must login to LinkedIn
2) Use the “Go To Recruiter” link in the top right to go to your recruiter dashboard
3) Select the correct dashboard (if required)
4) At the top there is a “More” button, select “More” -> “Admin Settings” (If this option does not exist the user is not an administrator)
5) Find the item marked “Job Posting Partners” and click “ Authorise new partner”
6) In the popup, the top bar “Job Posting Partner”, select “Idibu Job Posting”
7) In the “Default Job Poster” select the person that will be assigned default job postings. This will be the job poster of any job that does not have a poster specified or the specified poster does not have a valid job posting license (RPS, recruiter or jobs manager seat)
8) Click “Save”
The idibu Twitter (auto-tweet) service will send tweets out to your Twitter account with tags and a tinyurl link back to a page detailing the job vacancy being advertised.
A word on the setting options for the feed
- Tags are optional but typically you will want to set this to "#jobs" plus any other tags you feel should be included
- We find shortening the job title makes sense if the Tweet is too long, but play with different settings to see what works for you
- Decide whether you want the automated Tweet to include details of Salary, Location and/or Sector
4. Additional setup
Please mind it is possible to display your company's logo (1 per idibu account) on all the apply pages and on the status updates for Linkedin. Simply send us your logo to firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will set it all up for you. Please mind that with Linkedin wall it takes a little while before the logo actually appears (The initial post is missing logo, which appends itself after a few minutes).